Foot Care 2 You
Trusted Podiatrists serving West Orange, NJ, Toms River, NJ, Bloomfield, NJ & Elmwood Park, NJ
Don’t let foot or ankle pain darken your day or change how you walk when you can visit Foot Care 2 You for quality, individualized podiatric care. The accomplished podiatrists at Foot Care 2 You know how foot and ankle pain can inhibit your daily activities and get you down, and they offer a wide spectrum of treatment methods in Toms River, West Orange, Elmwood Park, and Bloomfield, New Jersey. To find enhanced mobility and relief from your pain, call or use the online scheduling system today.
Foot & Ankle Pain
What causes foot and ankle pain?
Your ankles and feet are made up of a strong and delicate interconnected network of muscles, ligaments, tendons, and bones. Collectively, these components are all strong enough to bear your body weight and allow you to move and function.
You might have pain on either the inside or outside of your ankle, under your foot, along the Achilles tendon, or on other areas of your ankle or foot. Many injuries, medical conditions, and other factors can lead to inflammation and even joint damage and degeneration. Inflammation is a leading cause of foot and ankle pain.
An ankle strain is a tear, twist, or pull of a muscle or tendon in your ankle. Many muscles are susceptible to being inflamed, overexerted, irritated, torn, or strained. An acute strain occurs suddenly, and a chronic strain develops over several days or weeks.
Other common causes of ankle or foot pain include:
- Achilles tendonitis
- Stress fractures
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Heel spurs
- Some form of injury or trauma from a fall
- Plantar fasciitis
- Arthritis, including gout
- Autoimmune disease
- Broken bones
- Shin splints
You should visit Foot Care 2 You for an evaluation and treatment as soon as possible if you experience a deformity or open wound, swelling or pain, signs of infection, or if you can’t put pressure or weight on your foot.
How is ankle and foot pain treated?
When treating your foot or ankle pain or complication, your Foot Care 2 You podiatrist works on restoring balance, flexibility, motion, and strength. Your podiatrist might suggest certain effective treatment methods, such as:
- RICE method (rest, ice, compression, and elevation)
- Medication, such as pain relievers and anti-inflammatories
- Custom orthotics and assistive devices, such as a cast or special shoe
- Lifestyle changes and modifications, such as appropriate stretching and movement, nutrition, and stress management
The Foot Care 2 You podiatrists can provide surgery when necessary, including minimally invasive Tenex Health TX
The right treatment for your ankle or foot pain depends on what’s causing it.
What are the benefits of podiatric care for foot and ankle pain?
Working with a skilled podiatrist like the professionals at Foot Care 2 You offers many benefits, such as:
- Reducing or alleviating your foot or ankle pain and inflammation
- Obtaining valuable medical support and guidance from a medical provider trained in the specific functions and anatomy of the foot and ankle
- Getting to the root cause of your problem and accessing orthotic devices and personalized proven-successful treatments
If you suffer an injury or if you’re experiencing foot or ankle pain, protect your foot health and call Foot Care 2 You or schedule online today.